Brookes School        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: INHERITANCE RUSSIAN DAUGHTER. ME IN UK

INHERITANCE RUSSIAN DAUGHTER. ME IN UK

Can anyone please give me some advice.

I have a Russian daughter aged 6. She lives in Russia with her Russian mother.

I am English and live in the UK. I am old and ill.

I also have a British daughter who is in her 30s.

I intend to write a will leaving both my English daughter and my Russian daughter some money.

BUT I don't understand the Russian system and have a few questions:
    1 What is the Russian law on inheritance. Must I leave my 6 year old Russian daughter anything? Must I leave enough to cover my voluntary maintenance payments until she reaches 18/21? Or can they force the UK legal authorities to give my Russian daughter my house after I die. In which case my English daughter would get nothing.
    2 Can the Russian authorities force the UK legal authorities to give a share of my property/money to my Russian daughter - do they have any 'jurisdiction' or reciprocal arrangements with the UK legal system?
    3 She qualifies for UK citizenship. IF she takes that out will it change things.

Sorry it's rather complicated!

Quote Originally Posted by notch View Post
    Can anyone please give me some advice.

I have a Russian daughter aged 6. She lives in Russia with her Russian mother.

I am English and live in the UK. I am old and ill.

I also have a British daughter who is in her 30s.

I intend to write a will leaving both my English daughter and my Russian daughter some money.

BUT I don't understand the Russian system and have a few questions:
    1 What is the Russian law on inheritance. Must I leave my 6 year old Russian daughter anything? Must I leave enough to cover my voluntary maintenance payments until she reaches 18/21? Or can they force the UK legal authorities to give my Russian daughter my house after I die. In which case my English daughter would get nothing.
    2 Can the Russian authorities force the UK legal authorities to give a share of my property/money to my Russian daughter - do they have any 'jurisdiction' or reciprocal arrangements with the UK legal system?
    3 She qualifies for UK citizenship. IF she takes that out will it change things.

This sounds eerily like an issue JamesTV posted about a few months ago I suggest that you contact him by PM!

As for the Russian Authorities seizing a part of your overseas property, I think you will find that they do not give a damn for such things and are generally far too busy conducting espionage operations against the Evil Western Imperialist Axis and meddling in Western elections...........
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg0sKG2gmFo - Только раз бывает в жизни встреча

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (23-08-2017), Hans.KK (23-08-2017), Uncle Wally (23-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by notch View Post
    And looks like a copy of Jaemestv.

If you are not jamestv reencarnation and you wounder what "Jaemestv" is/are/was, then look here http://forum.expat.ru/showthread.php...HTS&highlight= and here http://forum.expat.ru/showthread.php...COW&highlight= one of these threads is long, but a huge pot of the/coffe/beer and then start reading.

Your questions can be answered by a British lawyer that deals with such things.
    You may read this https://uk.practicallaw.thomsonreute...ge=true&bhcp=1
    If you put "international family law uk - russia" into Google there will be readings for a few days.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (01-09-2017), Uncle Wally (23-08-2017), vossy7 (23-08-2017)

Well done TR and HK......if it is JTV then please just come clean as you got a lot of support ....and some abuse I know ....on this forum especially from Nat.....
    If you are not JTV then 'hands in the air' I apologize and hope you get a resolution to your honorable cause
    “You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

7. The Following User Says Thank You to vossy7 For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (01-09-2017)

notch, I assume that as you have disappeared, all is now sorted and that you no longer need any advice?
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg0sKG2gmFo - Только раз бывает в жизни встреча