StydyLab        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: Racists vs. Sexists, who wins in Bill Cosby trial?

Racists vs. Sexists, who wins in Bill Cosby trial?

I have been predicting this for a long time, it's an inevitable outcome in a society where people are judged by skin color, gender or other physical attributes, rather than as individuals or by the "content of their character" as MLK said.

This example is the trial of Bill Cosby - I don't want to post a URL, you can pick your favorite source. The New York Times article blames everything on Fox News!
    www.nytimes.com/2017/06/17/opinion/bill-cosby-and-the-year-of-the-hypocrite

The black actor/comedian has had a long career but is/was (yesterday's jury decision was a non-decision, a hung jury) charged with using "date-rape" drugs on female(s). One woman, Andrea Constand, has come forward, then a crowd of others, claiming Cosby pulled the same "sexual assault" scheme on them.

The same crowd that usually attacks the white male as being "racist" and "sexist" now finds itself split into two antagonistic camps - those who perceive this prosecution of Cosby as "racist" and those who see Cosby's activities as "sexist."

The conflict is not about whether or not an individual committed a crime - it's more about what "group" will win - those who defend Cosby because he is black, or those who defend Constand because she is female.

Moi, I can only laugh at this meltdown of a socially-engineered society built, not on individual ability or character, but on group identities - rich, poor, black, white, Hispanic, Asians, female, male, homosexual, heterosexual, etc. Justice is not based on the actions or crimes of an individual, but on what "groups" the criminal or victim belongs to, and the perceived historical injustices committed against that group. A society built, not on moral principles, but on an ambiguous and constantly-metamorphosing framework of ethics.

Barack Obama was elected, because the implied accusation by the media was that if you didn't vote for the black man, you might be a racist. And many whites voted for him because they felt some guilt.

Hillary Clinton tried a similar appeal: "Vote for me - if you don't, you're a sexist." But that didn't work.

Is America now at a crossroads, where the socially-engineered, anti-religious, amoral society is being called into question? After Hillary, there was supposed to be a "Hispanic" president (far Left philosophy, of course), then a Gay president. etc...

OJ Simpson, who obviously murdered two people in a fit of rage, was not convicted by a black jury, in the very epitome of racism triumphing over justice.

And in Cosby's trial, Cosby was not convicted, against obvious evidence. But the DA has said he is not done yet, he will seek a re-trial ....

So stay tuned for more thrilling episodes in the post-religious American saga - the continuing meltdown of the socially-engineered society!
    Ban idiots, not guns

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (18-06-2017)

It took them what, 30 years or more to - remember their shame - and come forward? A little bit long in my opinion. One thing his for sure. You party with the rich and famous and want to be a part of them and be with the -in- crowd, it will be for sure no picnic from the Sunday school.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (18-06-2017), TheInterocitor (18-06-2017)

Racists vs. Sexists, who wins in Bill Cosby trial? - Putin's rotten regime!!!
    People don't need unhealthy sensations. People need healthy sensations.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

TheInterocitor (18-06-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    It took them what, 30 years or more to - remember their shame - and come forward? A little bit long in my opinion. One thing his for sure. You party with the rich and famous and want to be a part of them and be with the -in- crowd, it will be for sure no picnic from the Sunday school.
    That's Barack Obama's doing - on his first day in office, in 2008, he changed the statute of limitations on filing a "discrimination" lawsuit. It used to be you could wait for 1 year or so, I don't know, to file a claim. After that, too bad, the clock has expired. But Obama issued an executive order, putting no time limit on seeking redress. So now, if you feel you were discriminated against in 1965, you can file a claim today.

This is great for the lawyers. The more lawsuits, the more class strife, the richer they get. I think there are more attorneys in Washington than in the entire country of Russia. Every tenth person in the DC metro area is an attorney, and about 50% of the Congress.
    Ban idiots, not guns

Wasn't he trying to buy NBC?
    "There are no problems, only solutions". John Lennon

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

TheInterocitor (19-06-2017)

I used to be a big fan of The Cosby show , very witty and charming. He admits to offering 'drugs' to women to calm them down and my understanding is that the main victim stated that she accepted them in good faith!
    So a young white woman accepts an invite to a much older black man's house and then accepts ' tablets' not having a clue what might be in them .......what was she expecting .......afternoon delights? I just don't know what to believe anymore
    “You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vossy7 For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (19-06-2017), TheInterocitor (19-06-2017), Uncle Wally (19-06-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by vossy7 View Post
    I used to be a big fan of The Cosby show , very witty and charming. He admits to offering 'drugs' to women to calm them down and my understanding is that the main victim stated that she accepted them in good faith!
    So a young white woman accepts an invite to a much older black man's house and then accepts ' tablets' not having a clue what might be in them .......what was she expecting .......afternoon delights? I just don't know what to believe anymore
    I will admit to listening to the Cos' comedy records about 20-30 times... There's youtube version if you haven't heard them, they are really funny...

Noah (3 skits)
    by Bill Cosby

There's fella by the name of Noah
    Built an ark
    Everybody knows he built an ark.
    You see
    What Noah do? Well he built an ark
    But very few people know about
    The conversation that went on between the Lord and Noah
    You see Noah was in his rec. room
    Sewing away, he was making a few things for the home there.
    He was a good carpenter

Whoompa, whoompa, whoompa, whoompa
    Noah!
    Somebody call?
    Whoompa, whoompa, whoompa
    Noah!
    Who is that?
    It's the Lord, Noah
    Right!

Where are ja?
    What you want? I've been good.
    I want you to build an Ark
    Right!
    Whats an Ark?
    Get some wood build it
    300 cubits by 80 cubits by 40 cubits
    Right!
    Whats a cubit?
    Lets see a cubit...I used to know what a cubit was
    Well don't worry about that Noah
    When you get that done
    Go out into the world and
    Collect all of the animals in the world by twos
    Male and female, and put them into the ark
    Right!
    Who is this really?

What's going on?
    How come you want me to do all these weird things?
    I'm going to destroy the world
    Right!
    Am I on Candid Camera?

How you gonna do it?
    I'm gonna make it rain for a thousand days and drown 'em right out
    Right!
    Listen to this, you'll save water
    Let it rain for 40 days and 40 nights
    And wait for the sewers back up
    Right!
    Ban idiots, not guns

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (19-06-2017), rusmeister (19-06-2017), vossy7 (19-06-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    That's Barack Obama's doing - on his first day in office, in 2008, he changed the statute of limitations on filing a "discrimination" lawsuit. It used to be you could wait for 1 year or so, I don't know, to file a claim. After that, too bad, the clock has expired. But Obama issued an executive order, putting no time limit on seeking redress. So now, if you feel you were discriminated against in 1965, you can file a claim today.

This is great for the lawyers. The more lawsuits, the more class strife, the richer they get. I think there are more attorneys in Washington than in the entire country of Russia. Every tenth person in the DC metro area is an attorney, and about 50% of the Congress.
    Hasn-t Monica also waited longer than a year? i am not so sure about that, but i think it was...
    Last edited by Benedikt; 19-06-2017 at 06:38.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    Has-t Monica also waited longer than a year? i am not so sure about that, but i think it was...
    Benny, now you've gone and given the girl an idea...

Well, actually, she was clever to save the stained dress, and produced it after Billy spun, "Not me, I did not have sex with that woman!'
    Last edited by TheInterocitor; 19-06-2017 at 07:00.
    Ban idiots, not guns

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (19-06-2017)

All wrong, of course.
    -He did not sign an executive order, he signed into law a bill passed by both houses (in Senate, with some republican support). So it's the 'doing' of, well, the legislature and executive together.
    -it does not apply to all discrimination, only wage discrimination, so-called equal pay.
    -It did not institute no time limit whatsoever, it resets the statute of limitations from the time of the _first_ wage discrimination (i.e. setting the wage), to the receipt of the most recent _discriminatory_ paycheck.

So the only way it applies to someone from 1965 is if the person is still working 52 years later in the same job. And case law is not clear, but the language seems to only apply to _discriminatory_ pay, so if the employer had fixed the wage difference more than a year ago (date of last disciminatory wage), likely would not face a claim.

And no relevance whatsoever to Cosby case - unless he was paying these women a discriminatory wage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilly_...ay_Act_of_2009

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Armoured For This Useful Post:

TolkoRaz (19-06-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Armoured View Post
    All wrong, of course.
    -He did not sign an executive order, he signed into law a bill passed by both houses (in Senate, with some republican support). So it's the 'doing' of, well, the legislature and executive together.
    -it does not apply to all discrimination, only wage discrimination, so-called equal pay.
    -It did not institute no time limit whatsoever, it resets the statute of limitations from the time of the _first_ wage discrimination (i.e. setting the wage), to the receipt of the most recent _discriminatory_ paycheck.

So the only way it applies to someone from 1965 is if the person is still working 52 years later in the same job. And case law is not clear, but the language seems to only apply to _discriminatory_ pay, so if the employer had fixed the wage difference more than a year ago (date of last disciminatory wage), likely would not face a claim.

And no relevance whatsoever to Cosby case - unless he was paying these women a discriminatory wage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilly_...ay_Act_of_2009
    NO, it's not ALL wrong, it's 99% CORRECT.

Before Obama, you had one year to file. After the racist president put in his racist makeover of the law, racists then had an UNLIMITED time to file their complaints of racism and sexism.

Q: What's 10 dead attorneys?
    A: A good start!
    Ban idiots, not guns

NO, it's not ALL wrong, it's 99% CORRECT.

Before Obama, you had one year to file. After the racist president put in his racist makeover of the law, racists then had an UNLIMITED time to file their complaints of racism and sexism.

Q: What's 10 dead attorneys?
    A: A good start! :rofl
    :
    Inciting violence again?

This time against the judiciary!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg0sKG2gmFo - Только раз бывает в жизни встреча

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    Inciting violence again?

This time against the judiciary!
    I googled "Joke - dead lawyers" and got 2,240,000 hits

1. Q: What do you call 5000 dead lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?
    A: A good start!

2. Q: How can you tell when a lawyer is lying?
    A: His lips are moving.

3. Q: What's the difference between a dead skunk in the road and a dead lawyer in the road?
    A: There are skid marks in front of the skunk.

4. Q: Why won't sharks attack lawyers?
    A: Professional courtesy.

5. Q: What do have when a lawyer is buried up to his neck in sand?
    A: Not enough sand.

6. Q. What do you buy a friend graduating from Law School?
    A. A Lobotomy.

7. Q. How do you save five drowning lawyers?
    A. Who cares?

8. Q. What do you call a block of cement containing ten lawyers?
    A. A waste of cement.

9. Q: How do you stop a lawyer from drowning?
    A1: Shoot him before he hits the water.
    A2: Take your foot off his head.
    A3: No? Good!

10. Q: How do you get a lawyer out of a tree?
    A: Cut the rope.

11. Q: What do you do if you run over a Lawyer?
    A1: Back over him to make sure.
    A2: Make another notch on the steering wheel.

12. Q: What's the difference between a lawyer and a bucket of s***?
    A: The bucket.

13. Q: What is the definition of a shame (as in "that's a shame")?
    A: When a bus load of lawyers goes off a cliff.

14. Q: What is the definition of a "crying shame"?
    A: There was an empty seat.

15. Q: What can a goose do, a duck can't, and a lawyer should?
    A: Stick his bill up his ass.

16. Q: What do you get when you cross the Godfather with a lawyer?
    A: An offer you can't understand.

17. Q. Why is it that many lawyers have broken noses?
    A. From chasing parked ambulances.

18. Q. Where can you find a good lawyer?
    A. In the cemetery.

19. Q. What's the difference between a lawyer and a gigolo?
    A. A gigolo only screws one person at a time.

20. Q. What's the difference between a lawyer and a vampire?
    A. A vampire only sucks blood at night.

Ban idiots, not guns

22. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

vossy7 (19-06-2017)