Brookes School        English Nanny Agency
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Pudding/Blutwurst

Black Pudding/Blutwurst

Hi everybody,

Does anybody know if this product is available anywhere in Moscow (or even Russia)? I love this sausage and would love to be able to eat it when I feel like it, and not just when I visit Germany. I've even checked the menus online of various German restaurants in Moscow and none of them offer it.

Or, if it's not available here, do you know where I can buy a litre of pigs' blood to make it at home (I've found a nice recipe I wouldn't hesitate trying out if only I knew where to get the blood from).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cherie

All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Andy i do not know what YOU get, but when i click on BOTH links, there is definitely no Blutwurst there....

One can try GLOBUS, the German Hypo out on Riga Highway. But it is not the same as / we / know from Austria or Germany. Sanitation laws are also different here. And during the hot months (summer...) it is forbidden to make them and keep them in the refrigerators. At the weekend markets for instance. Where one can find them during the cold season.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

cheriedeperth (17-06-2017)

black pudding = кровяная колбаса, no?
    All the world's Kremlin,

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

The only black pudding I eat is from Ireland , like Guinness ......I only drink it there as well . The Irish Embassy is a good source but to a chosen few
    “You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

Thanks for your replies. I was hoping for a simple answer, like a local shopping centre or market. I'm just one person and don't need to buy bulk from wholesalers, and I'm not keen on home delivery.

Benedikt, I guess I'll wait for winter and take a look in the markets. I really love the German version, and the French boudin is also good, so I was hoping to find something similar here (even though I've been looking when I've been out and about, still yet to find some here).

What about buying the blood and making it at home - any suggestions?

black pudding = кровяная колбаса, no?
    yes,more or less. but far to little blood and to much meat. But sanitation laws are different here.....

What about buying the blood and making it at home - any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

The big pork slaughterhouses are not around Moscow. And no one will let you in where they do process the pigs.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vossy7 View Post
    The only black pudding I eat is from Ireland , like Guinness ......I only drink it there as well . The Irish Embassy is a good source but to a chosen few
    I read recently that Ireland now has its first gay Premier; times must be a changing in the Republic!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg0sKG2gmFo - Только раз бывает в жизни встреча

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

vossy7 (22-06-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    What about buying the blood and making it at home - any suggestions?

The big pork slaughterhouses are not around Moscow. And no one will let you in where they do process the pigs.
    Ok, thank you Benedikt, for your help. I guess I'll just have to start planning my next trip to Germany (or maybe I'll go to Austria next time!).

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cheriedeperth For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (18-06-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    I read recently that Ireland now has its first gay Premier; times must be a changing in the Republic!
    And I really never want to meet his black pudding
    “You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

17. The Following User Says Thank You to vossy7 For This Useful Post:

TolkoRaz (18-06-2017)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by vossy7 View Post
    When I was in Ireland the only colour of pudding I was served was white pudding, never black, still was tasty..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_pudding

[QUOTE=Judge;1466234]When I was in Ireland the only color of pudding I was served was white pudding, never black, still was tasty..

because you got only -white - pudding. Suppose blood is not always easy to get. So the clever Irish invented blood pudding without blood...Suppose as a sort alternative to Scottish Haggis?

Reminds me the famous Russian proverb - non-alcoholic beer is the first step to inflatable doll...
    All the world's Kremlin,

21. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

vossy7 (22-06-2017)

Reminds me the famous Russian proverb - non-alcoholic beer is the first step to inflatable doll...
    wow in all my years here I never heard that , I must say I have never met anyone who drinks non-alcoholic beer either!
    ― Oscar Wilde

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast