English Nany Agency        Center PtitCREF 1905
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Pudding/Blutwurst

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    When I was in Ireland the only colour of pudding I was served was white pudding, never black, still was tasty..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_pudding
    J you will find very good quality black pudding all over Ireland https://www.irishcentral.com/culture...uperfood-craze , we had on farmer close by us when I was growing up who used drink a shot of warm blood at the abattoir
    You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.
    ― Oscar Wilde

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vossy7 For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (22-06-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by cheriedeperth View Post
    Ok, thank you Benedikt, for your help. I guess I'll just have to start planning my next trip to Germany (or maybe I'll go to Austria next time!).
    Do you drive or have accesses to a car? There MIGHT be one place. The big - rabbit warren- shopping center- wholesaler- BUCHTA. Out on Dmitovskaya Shosse and MKAD. They have a big market there were they sell fresh meat. And for sure also have krovnaya kolbasa...
    attached is a screenshot of the 2 links to the site. but for one reason or other i can not open it. maybe you have more luck?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

cheriedeperth (22-06-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    Do you drive or have accesses to a car? There MIGHT be one place. The big - rabbit warren- shopping center- wholesaler- BUCHTA. Out on Dmitovskaya Shosse and MKAD. They have a big market there were they sell fresh meat. And for sure also have krovnaya kolbasa...
    attached is a screenshot of the 2 links to the site. but for one reason or other i can not open it. maybe you have more luck?
    Thank you for taking my search further! It looks like it's this place http://www.buhta-msk.ru/

I don't have a car but I might try to go there by public transport one weekend (when the weather is nicer).

Thanks again for your help, you're a great asset here!

[QUOTE=cheriedeperth;1466269]Thank you for taking my search further! It looks like it's this place

there might be another possibility. ijust came abck from the Strogino Weekend Market. (Next to the Temple bar on Ul.Katukova 20.)
    https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...a.html#MAPVIEW
    There is something that is not a bad alternative to the real thing. Can not say which stand, because this week they are here, next week they get allocated another one. But it is in the MEAT section....
    For whatever reason there is no LIPETSK White Kvass.So i had to do with commercial one,bought last week. Had it standing for a few days. Gave off quite some foam and good taste....
    I asked the lady about more information. She was apologetic and said she does not know ( which kind of blood, which kind of pork meat? i.e. from the head, which it is supposed to be, the white specks are fat, which they also are supposed to be there. there is no -grain- in it. No buckwheat, no oats. though she promised, next Friday she will tell me.
    Taste? for me a little bit bland. But nothing a sprinkle of salt will not help. Will try also to slice and fry it, together with sliced potatoes. Like we do i nAustria.
    Please note. i do not check out weekend markets in other places. - My- market in Strogino is walking distance, near my home, so i only go there. And being a regular there for sure helps....
    Attached Images Attached Images

[QUOTE=Benedikt;1466349]
    Quote Originally Posted by cheriedeperth View Post
    Thank you for taking my search further! It looks like it's this place

there might be another possibility. ijust came abck from the Strogino Weekend Market. (Next to the Temple bar on Ul.Katukova 20.)
    https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...a.html#MAPVIEW
    There is something that is not a bad alternative to the real thing. Can not say which stand, because this week they are here, next week they get allocated another one. But it is in the MEAT section....
    For whatever reason there is no LIPETSK White Kvass.So i had to do with commercial one,bought last week. Had it standing for a few days. Gave off quite some foam and good taste....
    I asked the lady about more information. She was apologetic and said she does not know ( which kind of blood, which kind of pork meat? i.e. from the head, which it is supposed to be, the white specks are fat, which they also are supposed to be there. there is no -grain- in it. No buckwheat, no oats. though she promised, next Friday she will tell me.
    Taste? for me a little bit bland. But nothing a sprinkle of salt will not help. Will try also to slice and fry it, together with sliced potatoes. Like we do i nAustria.
    Please note. i do not check out weekend markets in other places. - My- market in Strogino is walking distance, near my home, so i only go there. And being a regular there for sure helps....
    Thank you Benedikt!! You're a very kind and helpful man. Strogino isn't far from me, so I'll try to go tomorrow, or next weekend if I can't go tomorrow. It looks good anyway, with specks of fat - delicious!

Thank you again so much for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by vossy7 View Post
    wow in all my years here I never heard that , I must say I have never met anyone who drinks non-alcoholic beer either!
    i do...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12