Brookes School        English Nanny Agency

Thread: Exit visas have been introduced!

Exit visas have been introduced!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there are reports in the Russian press that the Russian government has introduced exit visas for residents of foreign countries, especially those on PRP or TRP or from some former Soviet countries:

https://apostrophe.ua/news/society/a...uschenyi/98961

I know this is a Ukrainian site, but the same report is on Russian sites:

http://www.mk.ru/social/2017/06/16/r...ostrancev.html

This Anna Mongait is a respected journalist.
    It says you need a bunch of documents to get the visa, and it takes 20 days.
    I'll go to my local OVD after the weekend to find out.

EDIT: Done some more research, found this:

http://www.aif.ru/dontknows/actual/c...dimo_oformlyat

Which says you do NOT need an exit visa if you have a PRP. Only if you have extended your stay on another visa, or if you have a TRP.

I remember back in the old days you needed an exit visa with a TRP - when I got my TRP, they had just introduced multi-exit visas for TRP, and I got one, and it wasn't a problem. So it looks like they have just resurrected this.

Update: Apparently you do not need this visa if you are from the following countries:
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Germany
    Italy
    Macedonia
    Poland
    Serbia
    Turkey
    Croatia
    Montenegro

These countries have bilateral agreements with Russia that preclude the need for a visa.
    I'm also seeing some stuff on the web about multi-exit visas, and am going to research these.
    Still, it's appalling that they just came into force on 7 June, without any warnings

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    I was on a TRP just over a year ago and had an exit visa....to the best of my knowledge you still need one.
    Someone would have posted on here if an exit visa wasn't needed anymore for TRP,maybe I missed something.
    Last edited by Judge; 16-06-2017 at 20:46.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (19-06-2017), tgma (15-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    I was on a TRP just over a year ago and had an exit visa....to the best of my knowledge you still need one.
    Someone would have posted on here if an exit visa wasn't needed anymore for TRP,maybe I missed something.
    IIRC, since 2002 exit visas are in the game for citizens of certain countries on TRP, then there were somewhat changes in 2010, and since 7th Jun they changed the order, now (exit?) visa is issued in-the-pack with job permission, for TRP carriers. Though I may be mistaken, better to ask lawyer in immigration questions.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Thanks for your replies.
    It looks like there was a small change, and some countries that used not to need exit visas, now need them.
    I think that in this case it was a Georgian citizen who came in without a visa, got a TRP, and didn't know that she now needs an exit visa, like most other countries' citizens.
    I had a look at the new law, and it's definitely only about TRP.

https://meduza.io/en/feature/2017/06...ler-alert-nope

No exit visa needed, reading this