English Nany Agency        Center PtitCREF «1905»
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have no friend in Russia.

I have no friend in Russia.

Hello
    I have no any friend in Russia.
    Do you know how difficult is find a friend in Moscow When you dont speak Russian?
    Im alone and a lite bit lonely So what should I do?
    a lot of people Scammed me in Moscow? WTF?
    for example:
    Yesterday I was in ONE of THE MTS Branch to active my internet plan, price was 19 P per day but they charged me 27 P per day and I paid for 30 days it mean 30*8= 240P , so they Scammed me 240P, WTF? REALLY? bcz I dont speak Russian so they scammed me, 240P is not a lot money for me BUT my problame is Why they scammed me?! WTF
    Am I the only one here?
    Another example:
    Yesterday Bus Driver Charged me 110 P for 1 way ticket But Price was 55P not 110P
    Also when I entered in Russia, Someone stole 5k $ from my bag in metro wagon , I already called Police but nothing happened.
    I hope you guys Help me here.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Liu.vix For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (17-07-2017)

Also Why the **** the officially branch of MTS started to scamming people?

Another example:
    Yesterday Bus Driver Charged me 110 P for 1 way ticket But Price was 55P not 110P
    did yo have the CORRECT fare? 55 Rubles? Maybe the bus driver thought you want a ticket for there AND back. And than 110 rubes was correct. Also remember, the bus driver drives a bus, he is not a bank or change office. I have seen this many times. People come with 500 or or 1000 or 5000 rubles. KNOWING the driver has no change, so he either lets them in for free or the just jump the tourinqet. And i think learning a few basic phrases will not be so difficult. Or if you can not remember them, print them out at home. A sort of scrap book. And SHOW them the driver. Or at the Metro cashier.
    Stealing i the Metro is a thing that happens all over the world. In every city one is being warned about pickpockets... Of course the police will do nothing. Did they make a protocol? Did YOU get a piece of paper? Otherwise forget it. Unsolved cases do not look at ANY police statistics, here or there, so they will do nothing. Success might be if/when they catch the scum and he/she admits to ALL the crimes. hardly will happen.
    !9 rubles per day at what speed your internet plan? Are you a first time customer? Special tariffs apply only to first timers.Maybe the trial or special offer period was over? Maybe 19 rubles is for longterm ( contract) and for one month is is more? But still using old advertising to catch a fish or two? /Das Leben its kein Ponyhof/ Life is no Pony Playground we say in Austria...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    Another example:
    did yo have the CORRECT fare? 55 Rubles? Maybe the bus driver thought you want a ticket for there AND back. And than 110 rubes was correct. Also remember, the bus driver drives a bus, he is not a bank or change office. I have seen this many times. People come with 500 or or 1000 or 5000 rubles. KNOWING the driver has no change, so he either lets them in for free or the just jump the tourinqet. And i think learning a few basic phrases will not be so difficult. Or if you can not remember them, print them out at home. A sort of scrap book. And SHOW them the driver. Or at the Metro cashier.
    Stealing i the Metro is a thing that happens all over the world. In every city one is being warned about pickpockets... Of course the police will do nothing. Did they make a protocol? Did YOU get a piece of paper? Otherwise forget it. Unsolved cases do not look at ANY police statistics, here or there, so they will do nothing. Success might be if/when they catch the scum and he/she admits to ALL the crimes. hardly will happen.
    !9 rubles per day at what speed your internet plan? Are you a first time customer? Special tariffs apply only to first timers.Maybe the trial or special offer period was over? Maybe 19 rubles is for longterm ( contract) and for one month is is more? But still using old advertising to catch a fish or two? /Das Leben its kein Ponyhof/ Life is no Pony Playground we say in Austria...

I have the same plan from MTS. It's 19 rubles a day for unlimited internet, 200 free minutes call time to any MTS phone number a day and 200 sms free. I don't see how they could scam any one. When I first bought the new number they made me put 400 rubles on the sim and I had to do this on a machine that was in the office. All money went onto my new phone number. As far as getting money stolen on the metro, what do you want the cops to do? How are they going to find the culprit?
    Colluding with Russians since 1995

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

natlee (06-06-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Liu.vix View Post
    Hello
    Do you know how difficult is find a friend in Moscow When you dont speak Russian?
    for example:
    Yesterday I was in ONE of THE MTS Branch to active my internet plan, price was 19 P per day but they charged me 27 P per day and I paid for 30 days it mean 30*8= 240P , so they Scammed me 240P, WTF? REALLY? bcz I dont speak Russian so they scammed me, 240P is not a lot money for me BUT my problame is Why they scammed me?! WTF
    Am I the only one here?
    Another example:
    Also when I entered in Russia, Someone stole 5k $ from my bag in metro wagon , I already called Police but nothing happened.

Are you sure the bus ticket wasn't for two rides?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (10-06-2017), natlee (06-06-2017)

Hello
    Friends? On what level? Drinking buddy's in the local bar should be no problem if you are "friendly" with your money, otherwise you are in for a challenge. But lift your butt and go where other people are, concerts, museums, sports, fitness, etc. but it will take time. Be aware that some locals that have English skills may only want to speak with you to exercise / improve their own level of English.

"go where other people are", you may ask at your embassy/consulate/trade organisation/what ever your countrymen may have of offices in the town, about where people hang out and start from there.

Yesterday I was in ONE of THE MTS Branch to active my internet plan, price was 19 P per day but they charged me 27 P per day and I paid for 30 days it mean 30*8= 240P , so they Scammed me 240P, WTF? REALLY? bcz I dont speak Russian so they scammed me, 240P is not a lot money for me BUT my problame is Why they scammed me?
    If it is a scam, then it is because they can, you are, with you leak of Russian language, an easy target. But maybe you should start by reading the contract you have with MTS?

To the best of my knowledge you have to walk to the police station and report the incident in Russian language. But 5k $ in cool cash in a bag in the Metro, that is easy accessibly? That is not clever, I mean, the money is not visibly from the outside of the bag? so somebody open the bag and see 5K $ laying ready for anybody just on top of everything, that is not a clever way to store large amount of money in a bag.

Keep your cash and passport in your front pocket in your pants on the metro. Friends come with time spent in the region. Bus drivers don't typically scam. I agree he probably didn't have change so you paid for a round trip.

A couple of sites you could try: internations.org and speaky.com. There are quite a few opportunities for meeting people here. The loss of funds has gotta be a real pain, especially when coming to a new place depending on it.

WTF....I'm going home to Ireland
    “You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

13. The Following User Says Thank You to vossy7 For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (17-07-2017)

That's why you should learn Russian before you went over there. Second why you don't have any friends? what about friends from work? You should be careful in Russia, lots of them are racist not everyone. I was there few years ago, but I would never go there again.

Quote Originally Posted by vossy7 View Post
    WTF....I'm going home to Ireland

What did Moscow run out of beer?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

TolkoRaz (17-07-2017), vossy7 (14-07-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller34 View Post
    That's why you should learn Russian before you went over there. Second why you don't have any friends? what about friends from work? You should be careful in Russia, lots of them are racist not everyone. I was there few years ago, but I would never go there again.

Maybe it you and not Russians. I don't find them any more racist than Polish.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller34 View Post
    T34.....very appropriate .....you tanked it.....you'er not welcome here any more .....and if you do come the IRA (Irish Russian Army) will chase your butt out of here
    “You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Hello
    for example:
    Am I the only one here?
    Another example:
    It must be really painful, what you're going through. It's hard enough to adjust to new things (school, work, etc.) in your OWN country, or new places (town, state...) - in a whole new country where people don't speak your language?? Off-the-charts stressful and scary. But Kudos for coming here to try it out!!! Most people you meet won't even venture beyond the safety of their hometowns, let alone their country!

With the MTS and bus incidents, yes this is annoying - Russians don't universally do the price list thing yet. So half the time you're left guessing if the price you're being told - especially for services! - is the real one.

With finding friends, I've noticed it's tougher wherever you are after college (this was a common bond and everyone at this age is looking to find friends), and of course it's even tougher in a foreign country.

Despite all of these difficulties, you're still here! There must be something important that brought and is keeping you here. Good luck and keep your chin up!!
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    It must be really painful, what you're going through. It's hard enough to adjust to new things (school, work, etc.) in your OWN country, or new places (town, state...) - in a whole new country where people don't speak your language?? Off-the-charts stressful and scary. But Kudos for coming here to try it out!!! Most people you meet won't even venture beyond the safety of their hometowns, let alone their country!

With the MTS and bus incidents, yes this is annoying - Russians don't universally do the price list thing yet. So half the time you're left guessing if the price you're being told - especially for services! - is the real one.

With finding friends, I've noticed it's tougher wherever you are after college (this was a common bond and everyone at this age is looking to find friends), and of course it's even tougher in a foreign country.

Despite all of these difficulties, you're still here! There must be something important that brought and is keeping you here. Good luck and keep your chin up!!
    nicklcool ......I love your bonhomie here but do you really believe this ........I will be the first to stand and put my hands in the air if any credence can be attributed to this post !
    ― Oscar Wilde

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vossy7 For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (17-07-2017), Uncle Wally (17-07-2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast