Brookes School        English Nanny Agency

Thread: Shopping Options for Clothes

Shopping Options for Clothes

Hi All (specially girls)!

Where do you shop for clothes? A friend of mine from US told me about 'Discount centers' where one can buy clothes at affordable prices, web search giving me nothing. She used to live here 7 years ago so maybe things were different then. There are lot of malls but don't know which one is more friendly price wise. Don't have time to visit each and every place for bargain shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoverLearn View Post
    Hi All (specially girls)!

Where do you shop for clothes? A friend of mine from US told me about 'Discount centers' where one can buy clothes at affordable prices, web search giving me nothing. She used to live here 7 years ago so maybe things were different then. There are lot of malls but don't know which one is more friendly price wise. Don't have time to visit each and every place for bargain shopping.
    START, Metro Dynamo, they are also on the Internet.
    here they are.https://vk.com/stock_center_clothes

out on Leningradskaya. Around the corner from the Aero- Auto Voksal of old. Where the busses left to all the airports. not only clothes there but also perfumes, shoes. and not only for females.
    also have a look at the -sekond hand- stores, more or less around every corner. second hand does not mean they send rags to Russia. without being unfair, that goes to Africa. Russia has the first pick in Germany.many things are still new, maybe it was the end of a season, stocks left over because of odd sizes and the likes.obvious you go only when they have 1000-1500 rubles a kilo. this is new delivery and good stuff.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

DiscoverLearn (28-04-2017)

web search giving me nothing
    In English?
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (28-04-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    START, Metro Dynamo, they are also on the Internet.
    here they are.https://vk.com/stock_center_clothes

out on Leningradskaya. Around the corner from the Aero- Auto Voksal of old. Where the busses left to all the airports. not only clothes there but also perfumes, shoes. and not only for females.
    Sadly, most of Stoke stores are closed (https://vk.com/topic-37922837_36115872). Not sure if Dynamo one is still functioning.

also have a look at the -sekond hand- stores, more or less around every corner. second hand does not mean they send rags to Russia. without being unfair, that goes to Africa. Russia has the first pick in Germany.many things are still new, maybe it was the end of a season, stocks left over because of odd sizes and the likes.obvious you go only when they have 1000-1500 rubles a kilo. this is new delivery and good stuff.
    Can't speak Russian, so can't bargain. I heard there are lot of second hand shops near M. Akademicheskaya, but don't know the exact location.

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    In English?
    да Before coming here, I was the 'search grand master' but not anymore lol!

да Before coming here, I was the 'search grand master' but not anymore lol!
    Your mistake.
    https://yandex.ru/search/pad/?lr=213...C0%2C0%2C1%2C0

https://www.google.ru/search?q=диско...obile&ie=UTF-8
    Last edited by FatAndy; 28-04-2017 at 21:08.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

7 years ago, all prices in msk were super expensive!

then came ukraine incident in 2014 and now things are super not expensive!

its better for foreigners to fly here to shop for clothing than it is in their place of residence.

msk is now cheap cheap cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    7 years ago, all prices in msk were super expensive!

then came ukraine incident in 2014 and now things are super not expensive!

its better for foreigners to fly here to shop for clothing than it is in their place of residence.

msk is now cheap cheap cheap!
    Well, some of us need separate visa to visit Minsk. What's the job situation there?

MSK is short for MOSKVA.

There is a discount shopping centre near Leninsky Prospekt metro, just behind Gagarinskiy shopping centre (ТЦ Гагаринский). The address is Орджоникидзе 11. There are quite a few shops there - my flatmate used to come home and show off her bargains all the time

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kartoshka For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (30-04-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Kartoshka View Post
    MSK is short for MOSKVA.
    Thanks for catching that. americaninmoscow is right, Moscow is getting affordable everyday.

Finally found the world famous Discount center.

Not sure if Dynamo one is still functioning.

Dynamo is not a - Stock - Center. my wife told me they are still open and working.
    and you did hear right. most second hand shops are near Metros, bus stops and most of the time in the -basements- of apartement buildings. rent is not so expensive there.
    problems with russian langauge? how about that nice neighbor that might know?
    or install -yandex translate - it is free and if you use SHORT AND CLEAR sentences does not a to bad job translating them.

https://translate.yandex.ru/?lang=en-ru

by the way second had is /секонд хенд/ more or less freely translated from english. don/t ask yandex to translate..... you might also see /commission shops/ коммиссионы this is part a pawn shop but also second hand. only bother to go there when the prices on the clapboards are written on fairly high. 1000/ 1500 rubles a kilo. means they have new stocks. though it CAN and DOES happen, special from Germany, they get odd sizes (for me, for instance, long arms and legs) and you can get things that no one wants, for a great bargain. and like with everthing. become a regular, be friendly to the owners/employees, a please and thank you will get you amazing things. even before the good stuff is being on sale.....
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Sadly, most of Stoke stores are closed (https://vk.com/topic-37922837_36115872). Not sure if Dynamo one is still functioning.

Can't speak Russian, so can't bargain. I heard there are lot of second hand shops near M. Akademicheskaya, but don't know the exact location.
    Most clothes sellers speak basic English. You can always negotiate on price. At one time I owned a small children's clothing store. In Konkovo, Markups on prices where around 40% just to give you an idea.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to zzhhst For This Useful Post:

DiscoverLearn (10-07-2017)