British Lyceum in Moscow        Center PtitCREF «1905»
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Which Dental Office Do You Use?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Posts
    1,089
    Thanked: 725

    Which Dental Office Do You Use?

    There are a bunch of locations out there that advertise themselves as "American" dental practices. My wife has used one and the level of service IMHO does not match the way above market rates that they charge. Who have you been using for dental work, at least for simple things like cleanings?
    I'll be honest, I used мой семейный доктор when I had an ear infection a few months ago, and was pretty impressed with tgeir cleanliness and level of service...and they offer dental services, too. But I used a probate Russian dental office when I was studying abroad, years ago, and down the road the results weren't pretty ;/

    So, which clinic(s) do you use? In what ways are you (un)happy with their services? Thanks to all for your responses!
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Moscow, Zyuzino-Mitino
    Posts
    20,522
    Thanked: 2352
    Superdent at m. Polyanka http://sdent.ru
    Good quality, adequate pricing, long time at the market (I use them since ~1995). Though no ideas about their level or English.
    Кто там шагает правой?

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

    DiscoverLearn (25-03-2017), nicklcool (11-03-2017)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    89
    Thanked: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Superdent at m. Polyanka http://sdent.ru
    Good quality, adequate pricing, long time at the market (I use them since ~1995). Though no ideas about their level or English.
    How much they charge for teeth cleaning?

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Moscow, Zyuzino-Mitino
    Posts
    20,522
    Thanked: 2352
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoverLearn View Post
    How much they charge for teeth cleaning?
    No ideas, as I pay for total sum per visit.
    Кто там шагает правой?

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    ALWAYS in trouble.....
    Posts
    17,212
    Thanked: 4357
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoverLearn View Post
    How much they charge for teeth cleaning?
    It will depend on how many teeth are to be cleaned?
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg0sKG2gmFo - Только раз бывает в жизни встреча

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

    FatAndy (03-04-2017)

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    9,979
    Thanked: 2612
    Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    It will depend on how many teeth are to be cleaned?

    Hey, good to know now that I haven't got many left. You think if I wait for the right time I can get a two for one?
    Colluding with Russians since 1995

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

    FatAndy (03-04-2017), nicklcool (14-06-2017)

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    4
    Thanked: 0
    I could help with the language problem at a dentist or other medical help, please PM.

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Moscow-still running my a*s off
    Posts
    539
    Thanked: 0
    http://www.btstom.ru/
    for some 14 years now.....since when they were still on Kurskaya.

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Posts
    1,089
    Thanked: 725
    Thanks;

    I ended up going with these guys: http://www.usdentalcare.com
    They probably charge a lot by Moscow standards, but it's one of those funny things where people will try to spend more on items in some aspects of their lives (TVs, cell phones, furniture, clothes, etc.) for better quality, yet look for the cheapest option in other aspects of their lives. Didn't want to risk a bad quality/cost trade off so I chose this practice.

    BTW in the States my dentist prescribed a prescription toothpaste with higher flouride content. I asked about something like that once in a drugstore and got blank stares. Does anyone know where/whether you can buy such toothpastes in Moscow? Do you need a prescription?
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    9,979
    Thanked: 2612
    Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    Thanks;

    I ended up going with these guys: http://www.usdentalcare.com
    They probably charge a lot by Moscow standards, but it's one of those funny things where people will try to spend more on items in some aspects of their lives (TVs, cell phones, furniture, clothes, etc.) for better quality, yet look for the cheapest option in other aspects of their lives. Didn't want to risk a bad quality/cost trade off so I chose this practice.

    BTW in the States my dentist prescribed a prescription toothpaste with higher flouride content. I asked about something like that once in a drugstore and got blank stares. Does anyone know where/whether you can buy such toothpastes in Moscow? Do you need a prescription?

    Just try brushing your teeth with rat poison. It about the same thing.
    Colluding with Russians since 1995

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

    xp@ (15-06-2017)

  15. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Posts
    1,089
    Thanked: 725
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Just try brushing your teeth with rat poison. It about the same thing.
    No way, Wally, but thanks for your concern....that toothpaste kept my teeth cavity-free so long I know it wasn't a coincidence. In fact, my in-laws liked it so much when they visited me that I stocked up on it and let them take some tubes home with them!
    In fact, I remembered the name; here it is (not too expensive either!):
    Prevident SF 5000 Plus

    Now, yes I've seen the clip of the guy in the mask pouring a bag marked "warning! Poisonous" into the water supply (it' flouride), so no need to post it. The liquor people drink and meat people eat is quite toxic, too We all just choose the acceptable types and amounts of toxins that we put into our bodies
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

  16. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    4,507
    Thanked: 1570
    I believe I mentioned before that I had a horrific experience here with a Latvian dentist who was highly recommended . She fu£&ed up two root canals , which were not required in the first place .... both became infected and I lost the teeth .....I still have a toothy smile though ......I swear by water-picks before brushing !
    “You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •