British Lyceum in Moscow        Center PtitCREF 1905
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Permanent Residency, no more than 6 months out of the country

Quote Originally Posted by benitor View Post
    I want to clarify that I am not interested to be right, but just to understand how things really are.
    I told in my previous post that I found the correct interpretation of the law, and I consider that interpretation correct because it comes from the official site of the ministry of interior of Russian Federation. I also gave instructions on how to to reach that page and you can also print it.
    Do you think that the official site of ministry of interior can be wrong? Do you have a more trusted source of information?
    I think the law is vaguely worded to allow room for interpretation, which means that what is allowed in one case may not be in another. I live and work here, so the six month rule in whatever format doesn't worry me as I'm here permanently other than for holidays and business trips. If you're confident in the information you have then you should do as you think best. I have no vested interest in proving you wrong. Who knows, there may be a time when I need to be out of the country for an extended period of time, but still want to keep my PRP. I'd be interested to know whether you're a tax resident though.

It's really wonderful to discuss the topic without sticking to one point of view and extract 'quite clear' picture !!

I spent almost 175 days in my home country and returned back to Russia in order to retain my PRP ( keeping in mind that 183 days in Russia is MUST). But I was always anxious as what if there is any emergency in my home country and I am forced to leave Russia longer than a week? ( I though that I would not only loose PRP, but would also become tax-resident in home country (both the situations are unpleasant)

Now, thanks to this discussion, I know that I won't loose my PRP right away... at least not at the Moscow Airport on re-entry !!

Also, Now I am clear that Citizenship is probably the best option for those who doesn't know how long they would have to stay in Russia OR in their home country .....I know that my wife was there in my home country for almost 10 yrs without worrying about maintaining any stay and tax requirement in her home country Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by RooRu View Post
    I think the law is vaguely worded to allow room for interpretation, which means that what is allowed in one case may not be in another. I live and work here, so the six month rule in whatever format doesn't worry me as I'm here permanently other than for holidays and business trips. If you're confident in the information you have then you should do as you think best. I have no vested interest in proving you wrong. Who knows, there may be a time when I need to be out of the country for an extended period of time, but still want to keep my PRP. I'd be interested to know whether you're a tax resident though.
    I have PRP, but it is not important to me to be tax resident because I retired, and receive my pension in my home country that is Italy. So I pay taxes on pension in Italy, I pay no tax in Russia as in Russia I have no earnings. I do not have big problem to spend in Russia more than 183 days per year, but I am concerned in case I would have a familiar problem or a serious health problem, because in that case it would be more convenient to me to be cured in Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by benitor View Post
    I have PRP, but it is not important to me to be tax resident because I retired, and receive my pension in my home country that is Italy. So I pay taxes on pension in Italy, I pay no tax in Russia as in Russia I have no earnings. I do not have big problem to spend in Russia more than 183 days per year, but I am concerned in case I would have a familiar problem or a serious health problem, because in that case it would be more convenient to me to be cured in Italy.
    Thanks. Good to know that if I need to go back for an extended period it doesn't automatically mean losing my PRP.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234