British Lyceum in Moscow        English Nany Agency
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: News about new migration center on varshavskoe Shosse

The next time I have to check in is 2020 , hopefully there will be Uber вертолет rides by then, but then again I may finally have my Russian Passport .......my Irish one won't allow me to visit the UK without a visa by then
    “You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    Has anyone tried just straight up ordering a taxi from somewhere in Moscow to the center? I've tried Uber & Yandex taxi, and when I plug in the address both apps spit out an UFMS office in central Moscow...
    Sacharovo is Moscow OBLAST.From STROGINO a Taxi out there was 3000 Rubles. which i thankfully declined.
    Also Sacharovо is NOT UFMS anymore... they have a different -address-. it is УВМ ГУ МВД Россия по г.Mосква.
    д Саxарово. this is the place where they are...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (19-03-2017)

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    Sacharovo is Moscow OBLAST.From STROGINO a Taxi out there was 3000 Rubles. which i thankfully declined.
    Also Sacharovо is NOT UFMS anymore... they have a different -address-. it is УВМ ГУ МВД Россия по г.Mосква.
    д Саxарово. this is the place where they are...
    Thanks Benedict; I agree, that's a bit pricey. My deal is that I'd like to keep my morning or evening class at least, so I could justify paying for a taxi probably from the end of the line metro station at least, since the class would pay for it.

...But what can y'all who've been there say about the buses/mini-buses to the migration center? About how long did it take you to get there? How long to actually get into line at the center from the bus stop at the center?

Someone told me to budget three hours in each direction to get there, but that sounds a bit extreme. Thanks everyone for your input.
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

Someone told me to budget three hours in each direction to get there, but that sounds a bit extreme. Thanks everyone for your input.[/QUOTE]

because of several tries i found out the big blue bus (Mosgortrans) from station ANINO is best. grey line, last wagon from center,out up the stairs.look out for the sign MMЦ. Tickets are 150 rubles, can be bought only at the kiosk next to the bus stop. even if it is Mosgotrans, Troika card or other do not work. it take 1 hour 10 minutes from Aniono to the Center. obvious if there is an accident on the road or a traffic jam, everything stands. it is also understood that the busses keep strictly to the speed limit. which is of course less than the private mafia cars. one more plus. the busses are let in in the morning, while the rest of the people still stand outside in the parking lot, through the KPP and Schlagbaum. that is the FIRST one at 8 am, the rest of the day it does not matter, since there is no queue. also, to go back,same procedure.
    the first big bus, and it is a BIG bus leaves at Anino at 6.50 am and is just in time there when they are opening, at 8 am.the last one is leaving from the center at 20.44. there is a timetable on our site for download.
    the second variety, last station,Dmitry Donskoi, same line, first wagon from town, up the stairs, look for the sign MMЦ and Saturn Travel. they go with Ford Minibusses. or Iveco or the likes. a trip out there is 100 rubles. but the FIRST bus is not let in, they have to let out the people in the parking lot. so while being thereat 8 am you still have to sand in the first line... next to the stop there stand a sedan, different types, depending who works, with a / dispatcher / he/she will tell you when the next bus will go.... 10 minutes after the first person gets in the bus leaves, even if you might be only one... drivers are also adhering more or less to the speed limit. no kamikaze, no funny driving. driving time also more or less about an hour. hour 10 minutes... again, when there is no accident or propka, and we ALL stand...

the way BACK. right at the exit where we all wait to be let in in the morning, to get humbled by the inspectors, or not let in at all, the minibuses from Saturn and / Transbei / are standing. 150 rubles for a return trip. leaves only when the bus is full.do not pay the driver, a dispatcher/ cashier will come, you get a ticket, keep it, it is also just in case somethign DOES happen, insurance will pay.... once or twice a day it also happens that a big bus is there. but the last Minibus leaves around 5 or 6. not sure because i was never THAT late out there. someone knows, please comment.
    Taximafia (private cars) only at Anino. no one at Boulevard Dmitry Donskoi. Did not use, out of principle.
    make sure that you have enough 100/50 rubles with you. makes life much easier when giving the exact amount. and can be live saving when the bus stands there and the cashier must dig for your 5000 rubles change.....
    Stop for Mosgortrans to get home, is outside the KPP. same place where they stop on the way in. tickets again 150 rubles. buy only at the Kiosk. time to back to Anino, more or less the same time. Bus goes through PODOLSK, quite a nice town. might be worth a visit on a weekend.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (19-03-2017)

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    1hour 20minutes from Annino to the center on today's 12:10 bus.

But it wasn't a particularly big bus; it was one of the new blue mini-sized buses (with the three seats up high at the back) that have been released all around Moscow recently. I luckily got on in time to snag a seat (to sleep!) but if I had had to stand the whole time, I would've been pissed for not paying 200 rubles for a gypsie taxi to at least sit for the whole trip!

And the trip home was surprisingly quick -- 1 hr 5 min. And on a bigger tourist-style coach with a lot more seats and more comfortable napping
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nicklcool For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (20-03-2017)

women only (obvious). if you are pregnant, not from last night though, and you have a spravka from your gynecologist, at the queue were we ALL stand like sheep, they let you right in, into the big waiting room. so you can sit down.but once inside, no preferences. not for people with kids,babies, whatever. there everyone is the same. but at least one can sit, it is warm and the coffee automate is working.

there is a new law apparently came into effect as from today Monday, was apparently shown only on Friday on TV. FOR PEOPLE FROM -DONBASS-. they get a 3 month visa for - Russia -, after that went back for ONE day and came back again for 90 days. no more, 90 days in, 90 days out, like for the rest of us. of course if the young men will have to stay there for 90 days, the army for sure will get them...

a few people were not pleased and on top of it rather confused because no one knew about the law. all their applications were rejected...
    should you plan to take the BLUE bus from Anino to the MMZ for more than one time, you can buy the buy tickets in advance. the ones sold now are valid till June...

and there IS a local bus, not from the center but out on the main road, 35 rubles, though that one takes indeed 2 hours because it stops at every bus stop. but no clapped out old Hungarian Ikarus busses. nice coaches... on the way back if one has the time and inclination to see the country... i only heard on girl talking, do not know what number or where they start. but they go back to the grey metro line.

I wanted to add three more comments that I made on another thread that might be helpful at the migration center.

Firstly, if you are extending your PRP after five years you can tell the guard and move ahead in the line. I saw this happen once. Worth a try, if this is why you are visiting the center.

Secondly, as you submit your applications, if an inspector rejects it, have her write down the instructions to properly resubmit the documents on the application. Then write down the name of the inspector. I got two sets of contradictory instructions from different inspectors but was able to have my application accepted when I quoted instructions from a previous inspector. They had an argument about it and forgot about me. Each inspector seems to be a law to him or herself.

Finally, I was able to convince an inspector to allow me to visit on a certain day without a "talon". This happened on my fourth try to submit docs. I had the names of the previous three inspectors and was able to claim the mistake was missed at no fault of my own. The supervisor told me to come at a certain time and day and apply at a certain window. I didn't have to wait in line and although I was given a "talon" and I didn't have to wait for the number to be called up. I simply submitted at the time given to me by the supervisor.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (21-03-2017), Judge (21-03-2017), xp@ (21-03-2017)

Taxi hell ride

[QUOTE=Benedikt;1461512]
    Quote Originally Posted by BelindaG View Post
    I went today. I left Kurskaya metro at about 14:15 and got to ММЦ at about 16:00. I took the metro to Annino, and then, coming from the centre turned right out and off the train, onto the street. Followed the sign that said MMЦ No.1 which meant I headed towards the obvious bus shelters. There, I found taxis waiting and peddling rides to ММЦ. Cost of the taxi is 150 roubles. According to the taxi driver, the bus costs the same? He was probably bullshitting me, but still, I heard from passengers who rode in the taxi with me, that it is silly to take the bus as the bus takes 1hr30min to get there, and the taxi is only about 40 min.

Belinda nice post. the bus ride is indeed 150 rubles as well. BUT you sit in a new comfortable bus. who also keeps to the speed limits. or HAS to keep to the speed limits. the cars there are in the business for making money.and it is obvious they /fly/. on the road most probably you have seen the Gazelle Mini Busses with two arms and a camera sticking out from the roof. these are temporary radar-speed limit measuring trucks. they are being put up in the morning. the first car goes and checks on them. gives the places were they stand back to his /colleagues/. now they know for the rest of the day were to go fast and where to go slow. to be honest i prefer to arrive safe in one piece and take the bus.
    BENEDIKT YOU ARE RIGHT!!!! On my third trip there, in a taxi, we were all nearly killed. The taxi drivers travel way too fast and we had a very close call. I am so panicked about getting there next time for submitting my documents, that I am almost certainly going to take that bus. Does anyone know how long the bus really takes, as I have an appointment on 28 March at 8:30 am, and I can't be late. Feeling anxious about this.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BelindaG For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (21-03-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    Has anyone tried just straight up ordering a taxi from somewhere in Moscow to the center? I've tried Uber & Yandex taxi, and when I plug in the address both apps spit out an UFMS office in central Moscow...
    Yes. I did it last week. You need to type in mnogofunktsionalny tsenter, or something like that.

I called a cab on Yandex taxi, it cost me 3000 both ways, but he waited for me outside.

BENEDIKT YOU ARE RIGHT!!!! On my third trip there, in a taxi, we were all nearly killed. The taxi drivers travel way too fast and we had a very close call. I am so panicked about getting there next time for submitting my documents, that I am almost certainly going to take that bus. Does anyone know how long the bus really takes, as I have an appointment on 28 March at 8:30 am, and I can't be late. Feeling anxious about this.[/QUOTE]

Belinda the big blue bus from Anino to the MMZ leaves at 6.50 in the morning and is at the center at 8 am. 8.10 max. but be there at least 20 to 30 minutes earlier, there are so many people and you will stand all the way out to the center if you are late. this is by the way only the first bus... all the others are not that crowded and there is space to sit for everyone.
    but we all know about idiots and Russian roads. if it happens that there IS an accident, you are well aware how this works in Russia. no car is being moved not even 1 mm . even if they stand right in the middle of the road. and in the morning the bus goes OUT, while all the cars want to come TO town. so a traffic jam is rather NOT in the cards.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

BelindaG (Yesterday)

please write, in Russian language, the correct orthographical (Орфография) version of - my - address. i use an imagined name and number. but this is one thing they give me the run around at the MMZ.

123456 Moscow
    Ismailovo Street 15
    Building 2
    Staircase 12
    Apartement 543.
    it should be in one line. with all the letters in correct upper and lower case. and correct punctuation.

( i had it done correctly there, but was being admonished that ANY Russian should have known from the beginning on how to do it correctly...)
    and for the second time, i was there from 8 in the morning, handed in the papers at 4 in the afternoon. no mistakes were found by the first inspector. but at 7.30 the papers were returned to me ( and 4 or 5 others), that , - sorry about it, the inspector had not time yet to look at the papers. come back tomorrow.-

just got around to check some things. and found in MY documents, copies of documents from another person. so they HAD to have a look at my documents. and when scooping up the lot, the / other/ documents got in by, what, accident? carelessness? not caring? not giving a damn? or maybe all of them. but it shows that they are blatantly lying. and just trying to f----ck the people around.

It's getting worse.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567