British Lyceum in Moscow        Deti Mira
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: News about new migration center on varshavskoe Shosse

I went today. I left Kurskaya metro at about 14:15 and got to ММЦ at about 16:00. I took the metro to Annino, and then, coming from the centre turned right out and off the train, onto the street. Followed the sign that said MMЦ No.1 which meant I headed towards the obvious bus shelters. There, I found taxis waiting and peddling rides to ММЦ. Cost of the taxi is 150 roubles. According to the taxi driver, the bus costs the same? He was probably bullshitting me, but still, I heard from passengers who rode in the taxi with me, that it is silly to take the bus as the bus takes 1hr30min to get there, and the taxi is only about 40 min.

I was prepared for the worst: chaos, long queues, and rude ego-inflated женшины who think that the louder they shout at you and the more they repeat the same rhetoric, the more you will understand; for this is what I experienced at Novosloboskaya. Instead, the place had a sense of calm about it. It's modern and friendly. Even the security guys are nice. And the devushka with whom I had to consult about getting my talonchik, was lovely.

I'm going back to get another talonchik in a few days, and then another one in another few days. (I'm told that the first attempt at submitting docs almost always fails, so I want back-up appointments on the back of my first appointment, so that my medical certificate doesn't expire by the time I manage to get the next appointment. )

Today, I got a piece of paper than entitles me to pick up a talonchik for an appointment on 28 March.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BelindaG For This Useful Post:

Armoured (16-01-2017), nicklcool (17-01-2017)

Thanks, BelindaG. Encouraging news...

Is there Anyone speak English IN migration center on varshavskoe Shosse??

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas.ber View Post
    Is there Anyone speak English IN migration center on varshavskoe Shosse??
    Thomas, in all fairness and not being nasty, we are in RUSSIA and the immigration center. - you - want to come here so - you - have to play by their rules. fair or logical or not, this is another question. you are allowed by law a - proxy - who can and will talk for you,translate and fill out forms. and schlepp you everywhere where it is needed. there are posts here how it is done. Immigration inspectors are - not nice- all over the world. this is not on Russia alone. i have been around and got my share of them.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Thomas.ber (17-01-2017)

Thomas, Benedikt is right. A few speak English at the Migration Center but not well enough to give you the full picture about what you need to apply. But it doesn’t hurt to go out and try. I think though that you would need to take someone with you who can help you translate. Remember, Russian citizens aren’t allowed into the Migration Center. Whoever helps you would either need to be a non-Russian citizen or be a Russian with power of attorney stamped by an attorney to translate for you.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (17-01-2017), Thomas.ber (17-01-2017)

After a lot of research I found The size of the quotas:
    The Moscow region - 8000;
    the city of Moscow - 2000;
    Leningrad region - 400;
    St. Petersburg - 1500;
    Krasnodar region - 3500.

So I have more chance in Moscow Region, I want to move from Moscow to Moscow Region and then I will apply for TRP and my plan is after I received my TRP then I move again to Moscow.

Leningrad region - 400;
    St. Petersburg - 1500;
    Krasnodar region - 3500.

So I have more chance in Moscow Region, I want to move from Moscow to Moscow Region and then I will apply for TRP and my plan is
    after I received my TRP then I move again to Moscow.
    You are not allowed to move regions when you are on TRP. You would need to reapply. You can move once you have permanent residency.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kanga For This Useful Post:

Thomas.ber (20-01-2017)

Leningrad region - 400;
    St. Petersburg - 1500;
    Krasnodar region - 3500.

So I have more chance in Moscow Region, I want to move from Moscow to Moscow Region and then I will apply for TRP and my plan is after I received my TRP then I move again to Moscow.
    Thomas you can apply for you TRP only WHERE YOU ARE REGISTERED. also your medical tests you are allowed only to use the state allowed clinics.( when i do my medical book as Chef i can use what i want, accredited private clinics or the city clinics. for TRP and than PRP one is allowed only to use the allocated clinics. which are different from the ones used for my medical book).
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Thomas.ber (20-01-2017)

That's what you'd think looking at the numbers alone, but you gotta realize there are a gazillion Tajiks, Uzbeks, and other fellow "ex-Soviet compatriots" living in Moscow region (including the ones who work in Moscow city, most of them can't afford to live in the city and commute from the region).

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiancai For This Useful Post:

Thomas.ber (20-01-2017)

One can make an appointment to submit the papers on a specific date (take a talonchik) or try their luck in the daily queue (zhivaya ochered'). I've unsuccessfully tried the latter on Wed., was there at 7:50 AM ... and about 80-100 people in front of me. I've wasted the entire day waiting, left at closing time together with two dozen folks left in the queue.

There is a very high papers rejection rate, on ludicrous grounds (punctuation marks, etc). There is free consultancy now, the inspectors check your papers which is worth it, given a new appointment trails for two months.

Tips:
    - I've learned there is a closed-circuit hotel on the perimeter, folks spend the night to beat the daily queue which enters the grounds at 8 AM.
    - Take a USB flash with the form, if there are mistakes easy to correct the consultants will do that for you and re-print the file.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Northman For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (Yesterday), xp@ (Yesterday)

Staying at the hotel on the grounds of the hotel might be a good idea. Have you heard what the cost is and how to book it? I'm trying to find out and if I do, will post info here.

When you arrived at 750, were you let onto the grounds of the center or did you have to wait out in the parking lot until the gates opened at 8 am?

Various third party consultants working outside the center offer services to help folks making applications. They have hired people working in the migration center who herd applicants. The consultants sit in the parking lot and manage the application process using mobile phones. They've learned the exact requirements for submitting various documents and prepare applications in advance. When docs are held up, they trace down lost paperwork. They also correct docs.

Was told hotel is a dorm/hostel style facility, has 4 bed rooms, one can book the entire room for about 1500RUB. Apparently at 8PM there is security bus in the bus station taking folks to it.

On the day, at 8 security started to let people in from the parking onto the premises in batches.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345