British Lyceum in Moscow        Deti Mira

Thread: Need enthusiasts from Canada to get through a short survey!

Official Need enthusiasts from Canada to get through a short survey!

Hello! If you read this, that might mean you can be so kind as to spare a few minutes of your time and get through a short survey. I study WORD ACCENTUATION in Canadian English trying to prove how unique a variety of English is spoken in this country. I have chosen some words that differ in pronunciation in British, American and Canadian Englishes and created a survey for native speakers. Every response is of great importance for us! Thank you for your concern and - hopefully - participation!! The link is here http://goo.gl/forms/gf7jLrT6Hz

Quote Originally Posted by DariaPozdeeva View Post
    Hello! If you read this, that might mean you can be so kind as to spare a few minutes of your time and get through a short survey. I study WORD ACCENTUATION in Canadian English trying to prove how unique a variety of English is spoken in this country.
    Fascinating to analyze the differences in accentuation but this applies only to a minority of words. Most native speakers can freely communicate in spite of their different countries of origin, with some exceptions..such as Jamaican English which is less easy to understand

3. The Following User Says Thank You to quincy For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (25-06-2016)