British Lyceum in Moscow        Center PtitCREF «1905»

Thread: I need a real language practice.

I need a real language practice.

Help is needed! Very much! It's necessary for me to communicate in English! I suggest a walk around the city, if the weather will be good, go to museums and cafes and chat English. I am from Moscow, and I am historian of art. I can tell a lot on bad English. I need a real language practice. Maybe it will seem for a someone interested?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onsona For This Useful Post:

Judge (12-02-2016), quincy (12-02-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by onsona View Post
    Help is needed! Very much! It's necessary for me to communicate in English! I suggest a walk around the city, if the weather will be good, go to museums and cafes and chat English. I am from Moscow, and I am historian of art. I can tell a lot on bad English. I need a real language practice. Maybe it will seem for a someone interested?
    Many visitors to Russia are fascinated by Russian art especially 19th century art. You should get some responses!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to quincy For This Useful Post:

Judge (12-02-2016)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Hi Osona, good idea, they will be some who are interested, you could post in this section, http://forum.expat.ru/forumdisplay.php?178-Local-Event
    Put an event together, time and place of meeting ,also museums to be visted, you might even get a group going.
    Best of luck.

Thank you for you response. I'm not sure that you understand me correctly. I am not a professional guide which could tell a lot using perfect English. I would like to chat with patient person who help me to stop being afraid to speak in English. I am reading a lot of professional literature, but don't have enough speaking practice.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to onsona For This Useful Post:

vossy7 (23-02-2016)

Fantastika is offline Temporarily banned (Sin Bin)
    Thank you for you response. I'm not sure that you understand me correctly. I am not a professional guide which could tell a lot using perfect English. I would like to chat with patient person who help me to stop being afraid to speak in English. I am reading a lot of professional literature, but don't have enough speaking practice.
    I was in Samara mall, and asking directions from mall kiosk. One person followed me, said, "Excuse me, are you American? I overheard you talking and accent..." I said yes, and then she asked me if it would be possible to walk wth me, she was student and wanted to practice her English. So we talked together while I shopped, then we went on bus to a different mall, etc. Spent afternoon and early evening. Then I got idea, it is easier to learn Russian while shopping, too.

Just hang out in the mall, and watch (listen) for foreigners!

Onsona...firstly I get why the J called you Osona as he is the local Scrabble champion and he has traded his Ns for other worldly things like a face to face meeting with RL......now that would be interesting!
    “You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

Fantastika is offline Temporarily banned (Sin Bin)
    Quote Originally Posted by vossy7 View Post
    Onsona...firstly I get why the J called you Osona as he is the local Scrabble champion and he has traded his Ns for other worldly things like a face to face meeting with RL......now that would be interesting!
    Do you play Russian or English version of Scrabble? Or Neidy Slova ("Find Word")?

Hi this is Hamza Malik tell me what is your level in english?

Hamza, can you speak Russian?

I just eat dill with everything ......what else is there in life
    “You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

14. The Following User Says Thank You to vossy7 For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (29-08-2017)

One can't escape from The Destiny.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

16. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

vossy7 (29-08-2017)