littleangels        English Nanny

View Poll Results: The acceptable age difference for couples?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Same age

0 0%
  • 1 - 5 years age difference

1 11.11%
  • 5 - 10 years age difference

2 22.22%
  • 10 - 15 years age difference

3 33.33%
  • 15 - 25 years age difference

0 0%
  • More than 25 years age difference!

3 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the acceptable age difference for couples in Russia?

What is the acceptable age difference for couples in Russia?

The acceptable age difference for couples in Russia?
    False or true statement? In Russia it is not unusual with an age differences up to 10 years and most women will accept age difference up to 15 years. If someone is rich and famous a man can be able to get away with an age difference up to 20 years or more. Reportedly Russian women prefer their partner to be at least a few years older than them.

Western men, expats and the like often get confused in countries like Russia, Ukraine, Moldova and Belarus with all the attention one gets from the most beautiful women in the world. Most western men are not used to such attention and in particular from younger women where big age differences are mostly unheard of. In the USA and EU, big age differences are mostly the exception and not the norm. In Russia it appears to be more common. What is an acceptable age difference in Russia? What do expats think and what do local people think about this matter? Perhaps it doesn't matter in true love.
    В чужо́й монасты́рь со свои́м уста́вом не хо́дят.
    When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Век живи́ — век учи́сь.
    Live and learn.

Penelope Guest
    Actually, the latest trend in Russia is older women hooking up with younger men.

Had a problem to answer this poll. All the options are acceptable.

At high school I dated the guys of my age, or a couple of years older then me. When in the Uni, my dates were 10 years older - I guess I was too smart for my age, and my classmates seemed too boring for me.

I married the man who is 3 years older. At the age I am now, I definitely wouldn`t want a husband 25 years older then me.
    Won`t mind a ten-year-younger option, though! (Thanks, Penelope!)

What is the acceptable age difference for couples in Russia?

In Writer's corner??????
    A vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire.

Quote Originally Posted by Natkin View Post
    Had a problem to answer this poll. All the options are acceptable.

At high school I dated the guys of my age, or a couple of years older then me. When in the Uni, my dates were 10 years older - I guess I was too smart for my age, and my classmates seemed too boring for me.

I married the man who is 3 years older. At the age I am now, I definitely wouldn`t want a husband 25 years older then me.
    Won`t mind a ten-year-younger option, though! (Thanks, Penelope!)
    Reasonable post..
    Make sense...!!
    All depends of age when you are getting marry!
    And, for sure, it has nothing toooo special with Russia....Just with people....
    A vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire.

Age differences

Nice post of yours! -))

Alas, money has no age.
    It's much more better for anyone to be wealthy and healthy and there exist many things more important than happiness.
    That's a cynic true of all times. -)

The only thing better than a 20 year old bottom is a 40 year old wallet?
    You say "potato." I say "vodka."

-)

to a T!
    Please don't ask what is it, let's go and make our visit...)

who was it, socrates or plato, that said that the man and woman should have an 18 year age difference.
    ◀► ◢◤

This is really funny !

Quote Originally Posted by MissAnnElk View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MissAnnElk View Post

Would it be possible to adapt this saying to an outrages difference in height or weight?
    Thinking out of the box :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post
    The acceptable age difference for couples in Russia?
    False or true statement? In Russia it is not unusual with an age differences up to 10 years and most women will accept age difference up to 15 years. If someone is rich and famous a man can be able to get away with an age difference up to 20 years or more. Reportedly Russian women prefer their partner to be at least a few years older than them.

Western men, expats and the like often get confused in countries like Russia, Ukraine, Moldova and Belarus with all the attention one gets from the most beautiful women in the world. Most western men are not used to such attention and in particular from younger women where big age differences are mostly unheard of. In the USA and EU, big age differences are mostly the exception and not the norm. In Russia it appears to be more common. What is an acceptable age difference in Russia? What do expats think and what do local people think about this matter? Perhaps it doesn't matter in true love.

You can buy whoever and any kind you wish now days, but not a true love unfortunately. Later on this young b..ch will screw you up! So guys - please be careful!

Quote Originally Posted by zaiac View Post
    You can buy whoever and any kind you wish now days, but not a true love unfortunately. Later on this young b..ch will screw you up! So guys - please be careful!
    Thank you for the advice :-)

There is the word "acceptable" In the name of the thread. Who is it supposed to be acceptable to?
    As far as I am concerned, I do not care if it is 100 years difference. But if I personally know one of them and they are getting married, they better invite me to the wedding, especially, if one of them is marrying for the money.
    It may be acceptable or not acceptable to neighbors, to the church (or any other religious institution), to one’s relatives, to one’s friends, etc.
    Noticeably, there is a certain degree of consensus that exists in some societies about what it should be, but the only way to really know is to walk around and see. I do not know whether it should be qualified as acceptance. In Russia the statistical average seems to be higher than in many other countries I have been to. I have seen some cases in Europe, though, that I have never seen in Russia, like 70/20. One time in Zürich, I saw a couple that, I think, was 80/20. Also, in New York, after the iron curtain fell, one could find many couples 45+/20. But, as far as I know, most of those who were 20 in New York left their husbands not without huge scandals and/or legal suits.
    I remember the abandoned and reduced in their net worth men were upset to such an extent (and they were mostly influential men) that there were articles appearing in various reputable magazines about those young women, and how immoral and dishonest, etc., they were. I remember I laughed a lot when reading those articles. But I am sure the women in question laughed more than anyone else.

when I was 24 I fell in love with a 49 y.o. I am a russian, he is an american. Not him. My ex-beloved told me that he was not going to spoil my life and blah-blah-blah....For me, it was a tragedy. Eventually I married in 2 years. My husband's my age, and now I cannot imagine I could live with with someone even a couple of years older than me. Anyway, I know it for sure that in love there is no age gaps, or any other nonsense - take it or leave it, as they say...

well, my GF is 18 years younger than me. I think what matters is attitude to life, and particularly to sex.

However, based on my observations, most American guys here are hopeless losers, and a younger women likely is just interested in being wined and dined, and maybe the cheap novelty of dating a foreigner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast