British Lyceum in Moscow        Center PtitCREF 1905
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1418192021222324
Results 346 to 353 of 353

Thread: Истиное учение о Пути и Благодати

  1. #346
    Dreamliner is offline Simplifying is complicated, complicating is simple
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    305
    Thanked: 15
    Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    Well, you're "deeply sure", so much so that that you have thought yourself into an inability to know anything.
    anything? if it woud be so...

    Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    It's your choice.
    Yes, and this choice appeared after reading books...
    By the way - the same books gave me almost all information about what I know.
    Books were/are/will be written by people.

    Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    I prefer rational reliance on authority whose explanations live with what I see in the world to willful ignorance based on skepticism.
    Guess, that our "rational reliance on authority" depends on how deep we think over about what we read and who we are.

  2. #347
    Dreamliner is offline Simplifying is complicated, complicating is simple
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    305
    Thanked: 15
    Rue, how do you know that your faith is not blind?

    I mean, that sometimes things happen in a following way:
    - she believes that all men are bad...
    So, she can get every day prooves of it...
    So, she gets it time after time
    - he believes, that all women are bad...
    So, he can get every day proves of it...
    So, he gets it sometimes.

    Sometimes, things we believe in, don't exist.

    What does give you an idea, that Christ was risen in body?
    What does give you an idea, that nobody from your close friends and parents wasn't risen in body?

  3. #348
    Dreamliner is offline Simplifying is complicated, complicating is simple
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    305
    Thanked: 15
    Rus?

  4. #349
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    7,604
    Thanked: 599
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamliner View Post
    Rue, how do you know that your faith is not blind?

    I mean, that sometimes things happen in a following way:
    - she believes that all men are bad...
    So, she can get every day prooves of it...
    So, she gets it time after time
    - he believes, that all women are bad...
    So, he can get every day proves of it...
    So, he gets it sometimes.

    Sometimes, things we believe in, don't exist.

    What does give you an idea, that Christ was risen in body?
    What does give you an idea, that nobody from your close friends and parents wasn't risen in body?
    I know it is not blind, that it is based on something and not nothing, because it confirms and satisfactorily explains my experience of human evil and suffering, including my own, and affirms all of my best desires, and it does so in a way that makes more sense than any of the alternatives.

    You say that we see what we want to see, this is sometimes, even often true. I can say the same about your skepticism. And I think that skepticism to be hopeless. I have hope, to live and die by, even though I test it by my own laziness and temptations to despair. The agnostic skeptic has no such hope. They can distract themselves from evil, death and suffering by entertainment, or by talking about how wonderful life is (as long as things are going well), but they cannot offer a satisfactory way of dealing with the complete and certain end of our lives here. All of the talk about "life going on", "I will live on in my children" is rank nonsense. The whole point is that, for us who die, life DOESN'T go on, and none of us think much about our great-great-grandfather "living in us". They are atheistic ways of dealing with death, that completely fail to do so intelligently.

    So you honestly have nothing better to offer me. I have faith, because I choose to, and therefore a basis for hope and love. You don't have a better one. You can reject mine, but you can't improve on it.

  5. #350
    Dreamliner is offline Simplifying is complicated, complicating is simple
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    305
    Thanked: 15
    Hello, Rus. I wasn't going to offer you something better. I was going to offer you only an idea, that the Teaching (Christianity) how it is now, is not true.

    We've got a joke in Russia:
    "- What is gonna be obtained if we add 100 gramms of shit to 900 gramms of jam?
    - One kilogram of shit"

    I just wanna say, that there is something true in the "religion of Christ", maybe even 90% of data(words/conceptions). However, when you mix it up with 10% of lie, it's gonna be the 100% lie in common sense. More of it - it's gonna be worse and more dangerous for people, because they except ideas/religions in common (whole), like - is this religion true or nor? The Truth is hardly can be found then. Imho

  6. #351
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    7,604
    Thanked: 599
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamliner View Post
    Hello, Rus. I wasn't going to offer you something better. I was going to offer you only an idea, that the Teaching (Christianity) how it is now, is not true.

    We've got a joke in Russia:
    "- What is gonna be obtained if we add 100 gramms of shit to 900 gramms of jam?
    - One kilogram of shit"

    I just wanna say, that there is something true in the "religion of Christ", maybe even 90% of data(words/conceptions). However, when you mix it up with 10% of lie, it's gonna be the 100% lie in common sense. More of it - it's gonna be worse and more dangerous for people, because they except ideas/religions in common (whole), like - is this religion true or nor? The Truth is hardly can be found then. Imho
    I've heard your offer. I reject it. I find the Orthodox teachings to be completely consistent with my experience of life, and your efforts to deny them to be less consistent. "Puddleglum's speech" is a final answer, to which you can offer nothing else.


  7. #352
    Dreamliner is offline Simplifying is complicated, complicating is simple
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    305
    Thanked: 15
    Very soon the old Teaching (which is new for modern civilization) will appear and nothing will stop it - that's my faith.
    It will eliminate those 10% of shit, from modern Christianity. People are waking up.

  8. #353
    Dreamliner is offline Simplifying is complicated, complicating is simple
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    305
    Thanked: 15
    A summary for this thread:

    Main ideas in Christianity which seem to me as those 10% of shit:

    1. Christians “authorities” (His Holiness and others – they call themselves so) say us, that we must go church (building with specified structure) for getting God’s Grace.
    They can say everything they want, however I do know that people LOVE without going over there.
    True (sometimes it happens with usual some people) LOVE = God’s Grace.
    2. Christians “authorities” say us, that Christ was a sacrifice of God for people.

    a) Even Christ said (if we partially believe in Gospels): “‘I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.’” Matthew 9:13

    The term “a sacrifice” came to us from old rituals with killing live creatures (animals or people). And jews shown it clear when they brought the same ritual into their cruel tail – the Bible. They brought it to us with an idea that its normal – to KILL animals or other creatures for GOD. Do you feel the taste of it?

    b) What is about Abraham who was asked by “GOD” to kill his son?

    They brought us this idea so softly, so naturally that we even don’t have think over about it.

    Can say only for myself – I don’t like “GOD” who likes when one of his creatures kill others for a reason ---
    (just try to feel it) “God” like it.

    Is it just a sense of taste?


    This question is very important because it builds specify creed and mindset of people.

    3. Christians “authorities” say us that we are all bad because of Adam and Eve made mistakes (main SIN) in their lives.
    When I see children, there are no sins on them and I do believe that ONLY adult people make them worse, so they can accept “sins”. But again – children are Angels by default (a priory).

    However, I was told by “smart and spiritual” fans (they call themselves “Christians”) that my grand-grand-gran….. father and mother made so bad thing that I was already craped up when was born.
    The feeling of guilt was born at the same time – very nice, don’t you think?
    Just to say to your child that he is guilty and watch for him – will it make him more happy?


    4. Church says that first people were jews.
    Never heard any idea with the same level of idiotism.
    Let’s take in our attention at least one fact that jew’s blood type is the youngest (4th) among of other types (see genetic history of people).
    Don't think I don't like jews as a whole nation - I don't like their orthodoxes. Why? They call us (other nations) as "goys" - how can I like it? (see their Talmud for reference).

    5. Christians “authorities” allow sales in churches, and they don’t care that Christ prohibited it (they sale candles, books, icons, wine, crosses etc). THEY brought money into “spiritual area” and feel themselves very very nice – just take a look how THEY (His Holiness and close colleagues) live …. in Gold and luxury.



    There are so many shit ideas in the religion we call Christianity (don’t want to list them all here), that
    I wonder, how could WE swallow it with our strong logical mind and didn’t notice it?
    How it happened? Very easy – we were asked (can even say we were made) to BELIEVE in it.
    Why we had to belive? Becasue we were told that they and their "Bible GOD" love us.
    It was a real pain to undertsand it.

    "Whoever has ears, let them hear."
    Last edited by Dreamliner; 26-12-2016 at 11:57.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •