International School       AECA

Thread: Russian driving license

Russian driving license

Wondering if anyone might offer some insight...

Having lived in Kazakhstan for seven years I've essentially become a non-resident of Canada and obtained a Kazakhstan driver's license in 2001 as KZ was my country of residence.

Now that I've moved to Russia, I'd like to get a Russian driver's license.

Has anyone had any experience in obtaining one? Are there any agencies that can assist?

Cheers
    Jeff

which city are you in

I live in Rostov on don ----- I just bought mine--- paid some money and hey presto--- licence

Lee

Rant

I live western region of Moscow. From the classroom opposite there is a clasroom opposite from which I teach English there is a driving classroom with a driving instructor, it's a popular classroom with big groups. In fact much bigger groups than I've got.

However I have got at least 40 hours a week actual teaching hours and exhausting. He hasn't got that.

To summarise, if the western region is convenient to you, I will give you the contact.

You'll have to put up with my noisy kids across the hall sometimes. Something Russians can't get used to sometimes.

LOL there are a gazillon driving schools around, spot the lada with the triangle on the roof, ( usally driving very slow for russia ), theres usally a park marked out with a garage or somthing like that. just truck up, and ask how much. a birdy told be a few years ago about 250usd, not that i would know

How much for a driving license if you can't pass? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bels View Post
    How much for a driving license if you can't pass? LOL
    i would asume that you would have to sit it to fail first ??? who wants to do that ??

I know someone here who paid 6000p. to get his....other people I know have paid half that.

If your KZ license is still valid, all you have to do it take it, your passport, and a medical spravka to the GAI office for foreigners, located on Ul. 6-aya Radialnaya.

You will have to pass the theoretical (written) part of the exam, but no driving school and no driving test are required.

If you can pass the exam, you don't have to pay any $ to anyone.

Complete practice exams, with all questions, are available on CD at your local CD/DVD kiosk. They are in the same format as the actual exam, which is computerized.