Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: Russian Men & Mullet Haircuts

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    711
    Thanked: 0

    Russian Men & Mullet Haircuts

    So I haven't been to moscow yet but I'm arriving at the end of this month. But I was looking at my Russian friend's pictures on vkontakte. I noticed a lot of her Russian guy friends had mullets for hairdos. I'm wondering if this is a big trend out there right now or if they've always had mullets? I know mullets are starting to resurface in popularity all over the world (sadly), but I didn't expect to see so many Russian guys with mullets.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    moscow
    Posts
    6,117
    Thanked: 0
    Frankly speaking, for me as a Russian, the trend is a big news, so I saw some with this type of hairdress in Moscow last summer (I would say they were quite few) and I guess they are from some regions of Russia.

    It is not vey popular but may be the trend will come back or it have not come widely!
    not only s.t happens!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    6,264
    Thanked: 0

    W

    I agree with Tvadim. It's not popular at all. To me, these guys could look kind of strange.
    Wrong Russian friends she has. ;-)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    moscow
    Posts
    106
    Thanked: 0
    i actually disagree with the two previous posters. i have been in moscow for about a year now and have seen tons of guys spotting these mullets. in fact one of the things my mates in the uk asked me when i got back for a visit was to see my mullet. (i have not got one )

    i am not quite sure though is why mullets are back in fashion here. have they ever been in fashion before in the USSR?

  5. #5
    Judge's Avatar
    Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    15,757
    Thanked: 7
    I agree with the above poster....Mullets are very popular here ,so popular that it's one of the most fashionable styles around..

  6. #6
    pjw's Avatar
    pjw is offline Инопланетный гость
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Москва
    Posts
    4,492
    Thanked: 0
    Yes welcome to Mulletville! Hey Judge, Can U recommend a good place to get a mullet please? How much did they charge U? Thanks man. Come on, share the info around plz!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    6,264
    Thanked: 0

    W

    Hey guys you say this THIS is popular in Moscow? You see TONS of it?
    Last edited by AndreyS; 08-12-2010 at 21:23.

  8. #8
    pjw's Avatar
    pjw is offline Инопланетный гость
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Москва
    Posts
    4,492
    Thanked: 0
    Looking good Andrey. I'm sure that wasn't cheap!

  9. #9
    Judge's Avatar
    Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    15,757
    Thanked: 7
    Andrey, on the tram today I saw supersized mullet like the pic you posted.
    In Moscow you often see smaller mullets,lots of young guys have them..They must grow their hair long because mummy says so.
    Check out how many kids have mullets..

  10. #10
    Judge's Avatar
    Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    15,757
    Thanked: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post
    Yes welcome to Mulletville! Hey Judge, Can U recommend a good place to get a mullet please? How much did they charge U? Thanks man. Come on, share the info around plz!
    I wish I had long hair,age is catching up to me...
    BTW, good to see you back..

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    6,264
    Thanked: 0

    W

    Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Andrey, on the tram today I saw supersized mullet like the pic you posted.
    In Moscow you often see smaller mullets,lots of young guys have them..They must grow their hair long because mummy says so.
    Check out how many kids have mullets..
    OK, Judge, I always respect your opinion. I ve never seen it, but maybe, I should buy a stronger pair of glasses.

  12. #12
    Judge's Avatar
    Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    15,757
    Thanked: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreyS View Post
    OK, Judge, I always respect your opinion. I ve never seen it, but maybe, I should buy a stronger pair of glasses.
    Keep your eyes open,supersized mullets are popular here..Moscowvites don't usually notice what's going on around them because they are used to it.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    5,596
    Thanked: 0
    I have a friend (American) married to a nice Russian guy . . . they live here now. She says when they met, he was sporting a track suit and a mullet. Now he looks quite the sharp-dressed-man.
    You say "potato." I say "vodka."

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    6,264
    Thanked: 0

    W

    Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Keep your eyes open,supersized mullets are popular here..Moscowvites don't usually notice what's going on around them because they are used to it.
    I wiil, but just to tug at their tails!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    moscow
    Posts
    106
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreyS View Post
    Hey guys you say this THIS is popular in Moscow? You see TONS of it?

    it is easy just google russian mullet

    some great links:
    the new awesome: the Hipster Mullet is the new awesome

    I love Russian Mullets!!! | Facebook

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •